video!!!

Charles Jackie

:Seperator bar Lower

E-mail-Courriel: oldmaison@yahoo.com
News - Stories and Rants

Thursday 18 July 2019

Cameras and Hospitals....

Myself I had a confrontation at the hospital...< once >..I left the washroom and was surrounded by two guards asking me for my camera and look at the pictures..

Which I knew that I never taken any pictures...I told them I wanted to see the Boss...

The Boss cam and wanted to see my camera...I said - No problem but you ask for every Smart Phone in this Hospital....well that was the end of that...everyone have a phone these days..

In this case below...well...it was the day of the shooting < 4 people dead >..maybe just maybe it was bad timing.....

Who's right and who's wrong in this case??






Hey Charles,

Remember last year I sent you an email about when I got arrested for taking a photo of an RCMP car at the hospital?

This is the video you made about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY3Zn9-rUUA

Anyway, I’ve been fighting with the Hospital to get the security camera video since the day it happened.

I served Horizon Health Network with a “Right To Information" request the day their security guards attacked me, they refused to give me the video or tell me the names of the security guards.

So I filed a complaint with the Office of the Integrity Commissioner, the investigators worked very hard to informally resolve the disagreement. Horizon Health Network again refused to give me the information I have a right to.

Then the Integrity Commissioner, Charles Murray took over, and he made a Report of Findings, I’ve got a copy, and it is attached for you to see.

The report goes in-depth into how the hospital tried to make excuse after excuse as to why they couldn’t or wouldn’t produce the video and the names, in the end they were told they need to, I have a right to the video and the names of the security guards involved.

That Report of Findings was sent to both the hospital and myself, and the hospital ignored the recommendations made by the commissioner, and yet again refused to give me the information I have a right to.

Now I get to take them before The Court of the Queen’s Bench and have a judge order them to give the video and names to me.

Which I’ll be doing as soon as I can get the money to file the papers with the court.

While all that was going on, I went to the Fredericton Police, they investigated and the one security guard who grabbed me was charged and pled guilty to assault. I wanted to avoid charging the security guard, it’s not his fault Horizon didn’t train him properly.

Attached is the audio I managed to record on my phone during the unlawful arrest.

The audio starts after I was grabbed by the left arm, dragged backwards, and pushed up against the windows of the ER waiting room and surrounded by security guards. At the end of the recording you can hear me ask a uniformed police officer for help, he was walking past to go inside, one of the security guards shouts over top of me asking for help, shouting “Fuck Off” twice followed by “Leave the police alone” obstructing justice by preventing me from reporting the crimes they were committing against me to a uniformed police officer.

Also it has come up time after time during this process, so many people don’t seem to understand our Canadian rights when it comes to taking photographs and video in public.

So I’ll include this link and quote from the site that I needed to tell others to go read again and again during this process.

https://pencanada.ca/blog/public-photography-is-not-a-crime/

> Subject to certain very limited constraints, it is not a crime in Canada for anyone to do any of the following things, and it is a violation of their Charter rights to prevent anyone from doing so: > > photographing or filming in any public place, or in any private place to which the public is admitted, and publishing those pictures and films, > > taking pictures of or filming in any government site other than “restricted access areas”* > > photographing or filming police officers in public, as long as the photographer/filmmaker does not obstruct or interfere with the execution of police duties. While everyone has a reasonable expectation of privacy in certain circumstances, police officers have no reasonable expectation of privacy as they go about their duties. > > A police officer does not have the right to confiscate cameras or recording equipment (including phones), unless the person in possession of such equipment is under arrest and such equipment is necessarily relevant to the alleged offence. A police officer cannot force anyone to show, unlock or decrypt cameras or recording equipment, or to delete images, even when that person is under arrest, unless the police officer has a warrant or a court order permitting him to do so. > > At no time, and under no circumstances, is anyone in Canada subject to arrest for the simple act of taking a photograph or filming, although he or she can be arrested if he or she is breaking another law in the process, such as, for example, trespassing or breaking or entering. Very important part to note in that quote;

It is NOT a crime to take photos, and stopping someone from doing so IS a violation of their Charter Rights.

I know you know this, but so many people don’t.

To refresh your memory, this was the day of the shootings last summer, and I was only at the hospital because I had a scheduled appointment for blood tests because there was a change to my medications for epilepsy.

I really like the videos you’ve been making, keep up the great work.

It’s refreshing to see you standing up for what’s right and expecting accountability from our government.

Thanks for taking the time to read, sorry it is such a long email.

Sincerely,

Robert Edward Dixon

No comments :

Post a Comment