video!!!

Charles Jackie

:Seperator bar Lower

E-mail-Courriel: oldmaison@yahoo.com
News - Stories and Rants

Saturday 8 December 2018

Why did Idiot Mayor Mike O'Brien stop the plans to built a Bus Shelter???



Charles,

Today my heart ached when I visited Social Development.

I caught a glimpse inside of someone elses reality, I did not realize today was cheque day for people on social assistance. I did not realize the postal strike caused people to collect their cheque at Cook's Landing on Two Nations Crossings.

I pulled into the parking lot. I was warm, I was driving my own car. I saw many people and families just outside the doors, it seemed they were waiting for the bus. There were more people inside. These people do not want to be in this situation. You can tell the folks inside the building and around it are feeling stressed. And rightfully so, their well-being is off balance. These people are struggling financially and it hurts.

I have many things that these people lack. These people cannot afford an insulated jacket like the one I invested in. They cannot make investments because they have to pay bills and buy food. These people struggle to do that. That is why they are in need of social assistance, they need our help.

It is November 30th and winter has come early. We have people who need our help to survive and cannot afford quality items. The postal strike caused people to go to Cook's Landing for their cheque. Regardless of the strike, people who need help still need to travel to Cook's Landing. We are clearly not able to get everyone a good winter jacket. Why is there no bus shelter that everyone can use at Cook's Landing?

When a person has to ask social development for help, it's a hard day. Let's make an investment that will last. Let's allows someones hard day to be easier. Let's build a bus shelter for the people who need help at Cook's Landing.

No comments :

Post a Comment