video!!!

Charles Jackie

:Seperator bar Lower

E-mail-Courriel: oldmaison@yahoo.com
News - Stories and Rants

Saturday 1 April 2017

Blogger received a cheque of $7,500.00 from the Canada Council!!!!

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine told me I should apply for a grant to help me write a book about my life.

I thought that was a good idea but how could I do that? I have no experience filling out applications unless it was for a labour job at the shipyard.

I laughed at that. Moi? Write a book?

Moi, I can hardly spell (so say many of my readers). But I was surprised, some people of my blog agreed that I should put together a collection of my best pictures from my blog.

I don't think that my pictures are that great, but people keep telling me that they should be all together in one place in an fancy art gallery where everybody can see them and they can come for a free glass of wine or beer and some cheeze.

Many people in my pictures might not like it (especially the politicians) but when I started to think about it, I do have a lot of photos (over 100,000) and some of them are pretty good.

Especially the ones where I put words in the mouths of the politicians in bubbles (balloons?) over their heads. I love doing that. These are my best and the readers love it. I don't know a damn thing about graphic design, they look terrible, but they're funny as hell. Even I have to laugh sometimes.

lg2361405161_2b3d50b190countryfest2370189616_c7a7a4e3d92262105034_bd7878d5bb2189155993_530c957458theirvings2473779019_437906f9be2193004279_227bb4d790_o2514366334_dc25164d9300083000461971163915_79ebd52ece2367231116_31c581193eIMG_8307stress2366404595_953d6ca6ca2366405225_5dbb391e86


These are great pictures and I have many more. It's going to take months to gather all the best pics. This is the reason I need money.

So I decided to apply for a grant with the Canada Council under the Spoken Word and Storytelling Program section to see how far I could get.

I wondered if they would take me seriously?

A couple of my friends who knows how to spell properly (LOL) put together applications / proposals helped me to apply. I couldn't believe how hard it was to get together all the information to be accepted, but we managed for the deadline.

I have a lot of newspaper articles about my arrest, my protest at the Legislature, my many letters to the editor, my bicycle trip and etc. etc.

We did a proposal and I had to put together a resume just to make sure they knew who I was and that I wasn't fooling around I included a video of my arrest in Saint John . Click here to see the video.

To my amazement, my application for funding to the Canada Council was accepted!!!

I'm going to get some money to put my picture in frames on a wall in an art gallery, especially the ones of the politicians.The judges loved that apparently.


Here's the letter I received yesterday!!


Dear Mr.LeBlanc,


"On behalf of the Canada Council we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted for a $15,000.00 grant under the Spoken Word and Storytelling Program.

Attached you will find a cheque in the amount of $7,500.00 which represents the first installment of your grant. Your case worker will be in contact with you shortly to discuss the details of the program.

For further information on who has received grants from the Canada Council, please go the following website:

http://www.canadacouncil.ca/grants/recipients/ol127245536828281250.htm

We trust that this is in order and hope to hear from you soon. Congratulations on your successful application to the Canada Council.


Gerard Mentrie

Director, Canada Council"


My photo exhibit will be go public on New Brunswick Day at the Lieutenant Governor Old Government House.


IMG_5555_edited


I might ask the Lieutenant Governor for a few of his pictures to be add to my pictures.


355828649_0b03da51a2


Sure is nice to collect that huge amount of money and still be able to collect my social assistance monthly cheque!!!

I'll get my monthly cheque today plus with the $7,500.00 as a grant? Party time this weekend!!!!

Because of the Grant system? I'm still able to collect my check and don't have to pay them back!!!

Beautiful!! Life is great again!!!!

Since I'm on a roll? I'm also going to apply for for a Grant to attend the Acadian Congres Mondial which will be held this summer.


acadian


All the French artists get funding to go there and do their gig.

Why not have the biggest Blogger and Bullshiter at this event?

I'm going to apply for a grant of $10,000 for I can set up a live Blog from the Congres. I was there in 1994 so why not this year?

Of course, I'm on Social Assistance so therefore I need money to attend this event.

I would be setting my blog at the LeBlanc Family Reunion. What a way to promote the Congres with my Blog right from the Acadian area!!!

You readers will see first hand of what is going on at the Congress. Yeah...I'm certain I'll get the $10,000 because I already received $15,000 for my pictures.

Anybody who wants to support my application should phone at

By phone -

(506) 453-2527

By Fax -

Fax: (506) 453-7154

Merci!!



1 comment :

  1. This has to be an April Fools day joke. However if true I hope that his welfare worker claws back the money from his monthly cheque as an overpayment.

    ReplyDelete