video!!!

Charles Jackie

:Seperator bar Lower

E-mail-Courriel: oldmaison@yahoo.com
News - Stories and Rants

Monday 2 May 2016

The City of Fredericton will not allowed Camera or i-phone inside City Hall!!!

I got a surprise while attending Council at City Hall in Fredericton Last night.

I was told by security at the door < VERY nice fellow > that camera weren't allowed at the Council Chambers.

I replied - All media right???

He said that the Fredericton Daily Gleaner was allowed.

I shot back - I'm media anyway!!!

I had to go outside for a short interview and I'm certain all hell broke loose inside of what to do with the Blogger. Someone at City Hall didn't want the Blogger to do videos!!!

I didn't want to cause trouble and be arrested??? I have no plan to show up for my so-called assault trial this Wednesday in Chains!!...:P

Once inside I proceeded to the room in the back and quickly confronted the Mayor that only Irving Media was allow to take pictures? I also focus my question to Councillor Greg Ericson. < Chairman of Public Safety >

I was told to asked the new Clerk for the new rules????

IMGP6774

Mayor Brad Woodside whispered - Great way to start her first day on the job!!!

lol

The Mayor quickly took control and told me to film away and everything was ok!!!! I did just that!!!

I found out later on that City Hall will order people who have a Degree at the Irving Journalism School at St.Thomas!

So? What are going to be the new rules??? No i-phone allowed in the chambers? What is a journalist these days anyway???Someone with a Facebook and Twitter account???

Since the City of Fredericton ordered my Blog shut down? Was this only a no Blogger allowed night????

5 comments :

  1. can you explain to me how you are media....??
    do you have a media pass...??..and if you are media....you are an insult to me and my profession..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many city's livestream all council meetings and have the videos available online. Maybe somebody should mention it during the election.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rogers does it for many other areas,Why not Fredericton?

      Delete
  3. Charles, if you want to be taken seriously, do these things: 1)If someone criticizes you, or calls you out, don't resort to a verbal tirade more befitting a 2 year old. 2)Don't call people names. It is unbecoming to someone who aspires to journalistic credibility. And finally 3) please, if you have difficulty with spelling and grammar, please use the various spellcheckers and editing software that are so readily available. And yes sir, I WILL give you my name.
    -Ron Carlin_

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3 May 2016 at 09:02(THE TOP OF YOUR PROFESSION)The remarks were apparently made by Swinton, then the preeminent New York journalist, probably one night in 1880. Swinton was the guest of honour at a banquet given him by the leaders of his craft. Someone who knew neither the press nor Swinton offered a toast to the independent press. Swinton outraged his colleagues by replying:

    There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.

    There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.

    The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?

    We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.

    (Source: Labor's Untold Story, by Richard O. Boyer and Herbert M. Morais, published by United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers of America, NY, 1955/1979.)

    Despite the misattribution, the quote raises the issue of whether there is not continuing truth in Swinton's remarks, and whether some candid journalist might not be able to fairly say similar things today. Anyone who has associated closely with journalists can hardly avoid finding a ring of truth in such words, and the best evidence lies in the actual product of journalists and how well, or how poorly, it both agrees with and covers what actually happens, especially involving such things as corruption and abuse of power.

    ReplyDelete